We are growing our team, and we are looking to hire talented individuals looking to further their career in an exciting industry. Please send your resume to recruiting @ juniper-design.com to be considered for one of the open positions below. Please indicate the position for which you are applying.
Juniper is looking for a passionate, experienced and energetic sales and customer service professional. As the ideal candidate, you are highly self-motivated, relationship-driven and passionate about design. You employ a positive, solution-based attitude when dealing with customer queries and concerns. You have worked in a sales or customer service role for at least 2 years in an interior design or interiors products company, where you have also gained experience working with Customer Relationship Management Systems. You are not afraid to perform basic tasks, while you also have the confidence and willingness to make important business decisions.
As a Sales Associate you will be responsible for handling incoming sales inquiries and customer requests. You will work with the sales team, the production team and operations to ensure that customer orders, repairs and returns are processed in a timely manner. You will provide customers with pricing, lead times, shipping quotes and detailed product information, as well as processing orders, receiving payments and providing clients with order updates. As a Sales Associate, you will report directly to the company Sales Manager.
Juniper is a fast-growing lighting and furniture design company based in South Brooklyn. We design, develop and manufacture innovative interiors products that are sustainably designed and thoughtfully engineered.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage a large volume of incoming customer requests.
- Communicate detailed product information to clients, including technical information, pricing, lead times and shipping costs, as well as processing orders and receiving payments.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager in preparation for client meetings and key client communications.
- Play a key role in the preparation and management of company trade shows and events. Attend sales events and assist Sales Manager at high-profile client meetings.
- Establish and build client relationships and assist in managing company wholesale accounts.
- Process Return Merchandise Authorization and assist in providing first class post-purchase client service.
- Correspond with the shipping department to ensure that orders are processed in a timely manner.
Qualifications and special skills:
- As the ideal candidate, you come with strong references, display impeccable spoken and written communication skills and have extraordinary people and organizational skills.
- You possess 2+ years of experience in a customer facing role working at small-medium size companies. Experience in the design, interiors or closely related business is a must.
- You hold a post-secondary degree in design, marketing or communications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
We are a fast growing lighting design and manufacturing business seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Production Floor Supervisor to join our team in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
As an experienced Production Supervisor, you will oversee our daily production activities. You’ll guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organizing workflows.
You must have good technical knowledge and possess a strong understanding of manufacturing techniques and assembly line organization. You have worked in a position that required a high level of detail, precision and focus. You have the ability to accurately read and follow instructions represented in manuals and drawings as well as experience training new staff to do the same.
In this position, you report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Set daily/weekly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to meet production goals and trouble shoot production problems.
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Oversee and coach employees
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
- Check production output according to specifications
- Submit regular reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
- Monitor and enforce strict quality control procedures
- Work with the sales and operations teams to ensure on-time and accurate shipment of goods
- Maintain a clean and organized shop and perform periodic inventory count.
- At least TWO years of experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- At least FOUR years of experience working in a production, manufacturing, assembly environment.
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Proficient use of information systems (experience using MRP is a plus)
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
- Highly detail oriented
High School Diploma; Degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field will be an advantage
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00/hr depending on experience